Roasted Eggplant with Goat Cheese
Roasted Eggplant with Grand Coeur Goat Cheese
This Roasted Eggplant with Grand Coeur Goat Cheese, Lentils, and Thyme recipe uses healthy, simple ingredients to make a delicious and filling dinner. It's an easy to make recipe that you'll want to add to your dinner recipe rotation.
- 2 baby eggplants, washed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
16 oz can pre-cooked black lentils
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley with tender stems
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons roasted pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice eggplants in half lengthwise. Score the eggplant flesh in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to cut through the skin. Drizzle all over with olive oil, using your fingers to rub it into the flesh of the eggplant.
- Place eggplant halves flesh side up on baking tray. Pick off roughly 2 tablespoons of thyme leaves from the thyme bunch, and sprinkled evenly over the eggplant. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake eggplants for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and just beginning to char. Once out of the oven, allow eggplants to cool slightly before topping with remaining ingredients.
While eggplants are cooking, assemble the rest of your ingredients. In a medium bowl, mix together lentils, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Use the backside of a fork to crush the lentils, so that about half are mashed ever so slightly. The goal is to get the lentils to stick to each other so that they don't fall off of the eggplants later on. Set aside.
- Top your warm eggplants with a few spoonfuls of lentils. Crumble the goat cheese over the lentils, then finish with pine nuts and micro greens to garnish!